Well It Finally Happened

Image title

We all have milestones in our lives that stand out more than others.  For me - Riding a bike, Getting my first job, Graduating High School, Going to College, Getting my first Grown Up Job, Finding "The One", Buying our first home, Having kids, and being the most embarrassing/cool/best dad I can possibly be!  Well those kids grow up and they mature and they start to hit their own milestones.  

One such milestone in my house of 3 boys (11, 13, 15) has been them being able to beat good ole dad in a 40 yard sprint.  You probably wonder why this is such a big deal!  Well, I failed to mention that we are all VERY, VERY competitive!  All three boys play travel ice hockey at a pretty high level and have had great success in other sports as well.  Not to mention that I just celebrated my 46th Birthday a couple months ago.  I have made all three of them acutely aware that I beat my dad in a sprint at the ripe old age of 11 (my dad was 36).  Also, I have rubbed it into their young impressionable brains for years that I would make it to 50 before they beat me.  Unfortunately, Last night (4/6/2017) I let my 13 year old talk me into an impromptu 40 yard race.  I knew before we started that I wasn't warmed up and that this might be it!

DISCLAIMER:  The only reason I've still been able to beat them is I have a better start and I lean so far over that I have 2 choices.  1.  Fall flat on my face in embarrassment; 2.  Force my legs to keep up so I save face and beat the little free-loaders.  :-)

On this historic day & time we both lined up and had my 11 year old give us the start signal.  After 3 failed start attempts, due to my 13 year old's eagerness to take off, we were off!!!  He stumbled...I took the early lead...and then it happened!  I started to cramp 15 yards into it.  I knew at that moment it was finally going to happen.  I had a choice to either pull up completely and declare a cramp and say it didn't count.......OR........push through as best I could and allow him the joy of a clear victory and the achievement of his own personal milestone.  Turns out, he was as arrogant and celebratory as I anticipated.  It was awesome to watch and a strong feeling of pride came over me.  Make no mistake, I will beat his little butt again in the very near future!

As a REALTOR®, I get to help people reach their milestones.  First Time Buyers, First Time Sellers, Fist Time Investors and educating people on the AZ Real Estate Market.  I would love the opportunity to earn your business and assist you in your next milestone.

Searching for homes under the Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek and San Tan Valley Area under $500,000. Click this link or a photo below for more information.  

Click here for all the results

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting these fabulous and absolute tips!
    Being forced to haul all of your earthly possessions cross-country will make you re-consider how much you need them. Since moving long-distance can become quite costly if you have a large volume of belongings, it can force you to considerably downsize.
    You can read our new article: https://moving-me.com/top-moving-companies-in-washington/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment